Rohnert Park, CA
Under general direction from the Human Resources Coordinator or their designee will perform a variety of human resource-related duties assigned to recruitment, payroll, internal communication, discipline, performance evaluations, employee orientation, disseminating policy, employment compliance issues and other duties as assigned.
1. Assists with the recruitment, interviews, and selection of applicants for current positions; accurately screens all applicants; checks all references; and assures all hired employees can meet employment obligations (e.g. valid California Driver’s License, current insurance, DMV report, CPR/First Aid.
2. Will conduct employee orientations and exit interviews in a timely manner.
3. Reviews and distributes employee handbooks.
4. Prior to hiring and on a periodic basis will assist in the enrollment of employees into CPR/First Aid classes.
5. Prior to hiring will coordinate required TB tests and Live Scans for potential/existing employees.
6. Responsible for consistently reviewing and maintaining employee files assuring all personnel transactions are accurately entered, completed and documented in a timely manner.
7. Will process personnel changes and PANs in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Will maintain and periodically update employee condition of employment documents (e.g. California Driver’s License, Auto insurance, CPR/First Aid, etc.).
9. Maintain ongoing communication with employees, other departments and the regional center.
10. Will be responsible for terminating respite workers after an established inactive timeframe; and will conduct exit interviews with terminated respite workers.
11. Will assist in compiling and resolving employee incident reports; and will keep abreast of ongoing laws and employment legislation.
12. Systematically will assist with the scheduling and offering of periodic mandatory training to all employees (e.g. IIPP, MSDS, safety, etc.); will maintain attendance rosters; and will track “training histories” for each employee.
13. Will be knowledgeable in general employment law: including payroll administration, EEO, DFEH, Affirmative Action, Cal-OSHA, ADA, FLMA and other state and federal requirements.
14. Will be knowledgeable and adhere to general guidelines required by Cal-OSHA.
15. Ability to function appropriately with the designated respite system & any other related payroll system; ensuring HR-related information is entered and maintained accurately.
16. Continuously strive to provide excellent customer service, interpersonal communication and serve as a source of accurate information.
1. Assist in other administrative areas of the organization when needed.
2. Ability to periodically organize, schedule speakers, coordinates training and/or other relevant business-related events (e.g. quarterly staff meetings).
3. When called upon, will assist in conducting CPR/First Aid classes, as needed.
4. May periodically attend job fairs and other recruitment venues for respite workers.
5. On occasion, will respond and accurately process EDD claims within the required timeframes; may attend hearings on appeals as necessary.
6. May assist the HR Coordinator with worker’s compensation issues; assist in maintaining separate confidential files for all worker’s compensation claims; assist with entering all injuries and loss of time; when directed, will maintain a record of injuries using form OSHA No. 300.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Associate’s Degree plus (1) year experience in Human Resources (2 years of experience may be substituted for 1 year of post-secondary education).
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English & Spanish (Bilingual Required).
- Ability to type 30 wpm and do basic business arithmetic.
- Knowledge and practical experience in human resources.
- Practical application of MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word for Windows required.
- Ability to use standard office machines such as a personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, etc.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- CPR/First Aids Instructor Certification
Physical Requirements: Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal and telephone communication. Ability to sit for long periods, standing, computer entry, walking, repeated bending, lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs, reaching. Ability to travel within and outside the county as needed.