Under general supervision, the Respite Service Coordinator performs a variety of departmental administrative and clerical duties related to client respite programs.
- Answers incoming phone calls for department, answers client inquires and respite care questions.
- Reviews, schedules and verifies all intake information for clients & families starting the respite care program.
- Conducts client home visits and conducts assessments/home evaluations.
- Maintains on-going contact with respite care providers and clients, and monitors compliance requirements established by Sonia Corina Inc. and Regional Center policies and procedures.
- Assesses client needs and takes appropriate action to ensure positive client relations and satisfaction.
- Keeps department supervisor up-to-date (verbally and in writing) of the day-to-day client and/or program-related issues, problems, concerns. Conducts problem assessment and determines appropriate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and facilitates respite care providers to appropriate clients and compatible families, ensuring that relationships and ensures that program services are implemented effectively, professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Maintains client files and documentation for assigned respite programs, including but not limited to: signed client contracts, Individual Program Plans (IPPs), authorization forms by appropriate parties, etc.
- As needed, professionally handles issues/problems regarding clients and respite care providers in an effective and timely manner; keeps department supervisor abreast of situations and issues as they occur, and maintains appropriate documentation and incident reports.
- Acts in the capacity of a back-up receptionist.
- Position requires incumbent to maintain valid CPR/1st-Aid Certification, and as needed to schedule, enroll, and conduct CPA/1st-Aid classes for respite care providers.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and dependability are essential requirements for this job.
- Operating a personal vehicle is a requirement of the job; adheres to all traffic laws and ordinances going to/from consumer appointments (Typically will be assigned to more than one (1) consumer per work shift in-area and out-of-area).
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous administrative related job duties, projects, and job tasks, as directed by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED Certificate;
- Associates Degree or applicable training/certifications; plus
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in a fast-paced, demanding respite care work environment, or
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successfully perform the job.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking in English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skill required.
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills & techniques.
- Ability to type 45+wpm and do basic business arithmetic.
- Effective Planning & Organizing skills; ability to handle multiple task/duties.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Pwrpt, internal systems/applications).
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality at all times.
- As needed, the ability to use personal vehicle in the performance of job duties to attend off-site business-related meetings and events. Must possess valid Driver’s License, auto registration, and auto liability insurance as a requirement of the job.
- Must possess and maintain current 1st Aid/CPR certification.
Competitive salary and benefits offered by the employer.