Salary: $14.00 /hour
Ability and desire to provide in-home respite care services for disabled youth and adults that may include food preparation, maintaining the household, entertaining and/or tutoring the child, changing the child, and light housework. This is a part-time & full-time position with flexible working hours to be scheduled between the client’s family and the respite care provider.
Schedules will vary depending upon the client’s approved contract; employees cannot work more than 12-hours per day and/or no more than 29-40 hours per work week; if applicable with reimbursed travel (up to 20 miles each way).
Please note: Other respite positions are available throughout the Bay area in Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma Counties.
Additional pay for specialized care (e.g. Epi-pen, nebulizer, G-tube, inhaler)
Qualifications and Skills
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Effective communication skills; Understands verbal and written instructions in English.
3. Valid California Driver’s License.
4. DOJ Life Scan and/or criminal background check.
5. If driving, proof of vehicle liability insurance and a DMV Report on file.
6. Ability to obtain and maintain a current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification for Adult, Child, and Infant.
7. Successful completion of the Respite Training Program.
-Flexible Scheduling: Working around your own schedule
-Valuable Experience: Build your resume for future endeavors
-Close Assignment Locations: Within 20 miles of your home
-Competitive Wages: Depending on assignment
-Traveling Reimbursement: Mileage driving to and from your assignment
-Positive Impact: Make a meaningful influence with families
-CA Paid Sick Leave