The Outreach Specialist will be receiving and review A-1plans of care with military family members and perform a variety of departmentaladministrative and clerical duties related to client respite programs.
1. Conducts client home visits and conductsassessments/home evaluations.
2. Assist with recruitment, placement, retention andsupport staff
3. Match Providers to families
4. Provide families with client packets
5. Conduct unannounced home visitations
6. Assist providers with orientations
7. Review and submit provider timesheets
8. Maintain reporting protocols
9. Create and implement an annual outreach plan
10. Develop a timeline, manage competing priorities andcommunicate information to necessary partied
11. Attend outreach meetings
12. Maintain relationships with collaborative partners andcultivate new ones
13. Operating a personal vehicle is a requirement of thejob: adheres to all traffic laws and ordinances going to/from consumerappointments (typically with be assigned to more than one (1) consumer per workshift in –area and out-of-area).
14. Answers central multi-telephone lines system and directscalls accordingly.
15. Receives the public and answers questions, in person andby telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens, and others andrefers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department.
16. Excellent attendance, punctuality, and dependability areessential requirements of the job.
17. Performs a variety of miscellaneous administrativerelated job duties, projects, and job tasks, as directed by management.